1. Every year from March to May, September to November, with the help of Givology and local partners, we will send passionate, local village education teachers to designated teaching locations. The focus is on organized training for English and Art teachers, two curriculums that lack support and exploration.
2. The purpose of the training is to develop and increase the teacher’s professional and teaching abilities and also encourage interactions among the teachers.
3. By starting to provide training to the local teachers, they can share their skills and talents with other fellow teachers; the goals and objectives of the program will naturally grow.
Specific uses of funding in local currency include:
1. Food stipend: 1 Person x 30 days x 15 RMB = 450 RMB
2. Housing stipend: 1 person x 30 days x 20 RMB = 600 RMB
3. Student transportation stipend: 200 RMB
4. Supplies: 100 RMB
5. Teacher transportation stipend: 150 RMB
6. Professional fees: 300 RMB
7. Management/Misc. Fees (unexpected events, communication, printing, etc): 200 RMB